After different challenges in application process and after high level of stress waiting the results my project - "Challenge YOU and YOUR community"was accepted!!! This is a one year adventure because Turkey capture my soul so why I should not use my skills, experience and energy for making a change as well in Turkish society?
I have what is needed: skills, motivation and large options of possibilities of change in Turkish Society. I have big expectation for this year and I hope I will reach all my objectives.
Below you can find more information about this project and initiative and in the upcoming months i will come back with more information about how Turkey “receives” me and updates about how I am implementing my project.
The aim of the project is to stimulate the active participation (as a value of European Union) of young people in problems that concern today society by using participative art, creative street animation methods and innovative campaigns.
I will realise a stage of 12 months in Turkey. The project is representing my idea based on my volunteering experience and skills and I want to put them in practice in a society that needs and that is also attracting me from the cultural point of view.
The methods that will be used in this project :
- social theatre as a method of social intervention
- non formal education workshops on development education
- street campaigning
The objectives of the project are:
- to train more than 60 young people to be multipliers in social theatre
- to raise awareness and personal involvement in what matters the Millennium Goals for Turkish general young people.
- to implement various campaigns that raise awareness in different topics (additional more than 50 young people will be trained and develop street campaigning skills
- to stimulate the volunteering among young people
Individual EVS project ; Sending organization: A.R.T. Fusion Romania (click)
Hosting Organization: TOG Turkey ;
Stage period: 10february 2009– 10 February 2010
(Project applied at Romanian National Agency of Youth in Action Programme (click))